I'm New & I've got Questions
We know what it's like to be new and have questions. Hopefully, this will answer most of them.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
When you arrive at our campus, feel free to park anywhere. The main entrances to the church are on the south and east sides of the building. You'll find ample handicap parking right in front of the building on the south side. Check out our campus map and pictures.
Our ushers and greeters are ready to welcome you at both worship services in the auditorium. They will happily give you a worship bulletin and help you find a seat if you'd like. If you need worship aids such as hearing devices, large print bulletins, or information about worship activities designed for children, an usher or greeter can assist you with these as well. Our Info Center just inside the auditorium doors is staffed with volunteers who are excited to meet you and help you discover the great opportunities our church has to offer.
Our services aren't strictly structured. There is nothing you need to know or remember. We encourage people to bring their own Bible, but if you don't have one, simply stop at the Info Center and pick one up. In fact, if you do not have your own Bible already, take that one home as our gift to you.
- Can I come to BVMC if I'm not Mennonite? Of course! We welcome everyone into our doors.
- What do I wear to a Mennonite church? Wear whatever you're comfortable in. You will commonly see dresses, slacks, khakis, shorts, sneakers, dress shoes, and flip-flops. If you're a visual person, here's an example of what you might see on any given Sunday ->
- What do my kids do on a Sunday morning? During our Modern worship service we have a fully staffed nursery for your littlest of littles and Kids Church for your kids from age 4 through 5th grade.
- Do I have to give money? Absolutely not. But that doesn't mean we won't collect an offering. Our offerings go to support both the ministries and the mission of Bahia Vista - to befriend all with the love of Christ through community, worship, and service.
- Will I be asked to stand up because I'm a visitor? No way! But we love it when our guests stop by our Info Center to receive a guest bag. It's full of information about the church, but also a couple of nice gifts. And what we think is really cool is when our guests hang out to introduce themselves after the service.
- Have a question we didn't answer here? Contact the office and we'll get back to you ASAP.